Well, we all know that cabinet is a type of furniture mainly used in kitchens. Since it is something that is going to be used on a daily bases, choosing the right handle is very important. These handles come in different sizes, styles and shapes. The main objective of getting the right handle is that it should be long lasting, fancy and not too expensive at the same time. Several online portals and offline stores provide catalogues for numerous cabinet handles and you can select bulk orders according to your precise requirements.
Just to make your life a bit easier, here are some of the few basic types of cabinet handles and how they can be installed instantly.
Types of Cabinet Handles
- Cabinet knobs: In this, the knob is simply attached to the cabinet drawer or door with the help of a single screw. This type of cabinet handle is said to be the basic and the simplest type of cabinet. The material can vary from brass, zinc, stainless steel, marble or even glass and crystals. The material differs from place to place. The best materials which can be used in kitchens are stainless steel or brass as they are durable and long-lasting without giving you any trouble every now and then. The glass, marble or crystal knobs can be used in those cabinet doors which are situated outside the kitchen area. Choose the perfect match for your cabinets. There are different styles of cabinet knobs such as transitional knobs, traditional knobs, contemporary knobs, rustic knobs etc, traditional solid brass knobs are the best.And let’s not forget the different sizes and shapes these knobs come in. This again depends on the application.
- Cabinet cup and bin pulls: These types of knobs are specially used for drawers. They are semi circular in shape and are often known as the “half moon pulls”. These types of handles come with their own set of limitations. They come in a specific design and they can on be used in a fixed position to pull the drawer in one particular direction. During the installation, the open end faces the bottom to give it a better grip while opening the drawer. The size and material again is different from place to place. The best material again is the solid brass which can be pretty much used everywhere as they are long- lasting. The length of the cup in can be from 3-inch to 4-inch.
- Cabinet pulls and handles: This is one of the most common and most preferred types of handle used by many people. This type of handle requires more than two screws. Since this has more than two screws holding it tighter, it makes it more durable. Again the best materials for cabinet pulls are solid brass or stainless steel. They come in different styles and sizes. Scroll suite pulls are accessible in 3-inch, 5-inch and so on. This i9s the most common type of pulls used for small and medium sized cabinets.
Tips on How to Install Cabinet Handles
Here are few steps by which you can easily install the cabinet handles all by yourself without having to wait for some other person to do this for you.
- The best guide could be the door rail
- Attach the hardware temporarily
- Templates make the job faster and easier
- Cover the old holes with black plates behind the knob or handles
- Super glue the handle or the knob
- Attach the knob
- Check for any misalignment
- Apply regular touch-ups if needed
Choosing the right cabinet handles can go a long way in adding to the beauty of your house or interiors. With a little creativity and a dash of beautiful colors you can make your home come to life forever! Visit us and make your kitchen look amazing with cabinet handles.