In today’s world, it is not just about buying a new house. It is more about what your house looks like from within. Interior designing has become a profession of the new age. Everyone has an image of their dream home in their mind; interior designers are those who bring these dreams into reality. People are willing to spend millions just to ensure that their houses look perfect.
When you enter a new house, what is the first thing that you notice? It is not someone’s bedroom; the first room you notice and observe is the kitchen. So you need to realize that a lot of effort needs to be put into planning your kitchen. There are different types of kitchen designs such as modern, traditional, contemporary, to name a few.
Now, most people think that a modern kitchen design is the same as contemporary kitchen designs, however this is incorrect. These two are not the similar. A contemporary kitchen can be modern and at the same time, it can adopt different styles as well. It can have features, details and accents of a vintage kitchen without actually being a vintage kitchen. However, there are a few features that are specific to contemporary kitchens. Based on these, you can distinguish contemporary kitchen designs from other types if you are planning to adopt this style. Some of these features are as follows:
- Cutting power technology: The basic feature of a contemporary kitchen is the technology used to build it. Cutting power technology is what sets this style apart from the others. Thus obviously the appliances in the kitchen play an important role. Sleek and durable appliances that ensure great performance and have advanced features make up a contemporary kitchen. Functionality is also an important aspect which needs to be taken under consideration along with the style. Importantly, these appliances should complement the taste and style of the kitchen.
- Kind of materials: Contemporary kitchens usually feature kind of materials, textures and patterns. Using these is a smart way of replacing opulent decorations and details in a kitchen. This can be made unique with the use of wood along with stone and metal materials. This way, all the features are covered in different manners. For example, wood is used for cabinets that have metal handles, the counter tops are made of stone and the sink may be made of glass. This encompasses all features. Variety of combinations of size and shapes are available too.
- Eye-catching light fixtures: Lights are of utmost importance for contemporary interiors and are not specific just to the kitchens. They may be characterized by minimalism and lack of details, but they are features that stand exclusive and noticeable. In the recent days, hanging lights over the bar counter or colored LED lights have become a basic feature of contemporary kitchen designs. The shape and size are important aspects along with the texture and color. They are functional as well as decorative.
- Patterned backsplashes: Most contemporary kitchen designs include crisp white walls because of which the back splash feature stands out. This feature introduces pattern and color to the kitchen walls. Glass tiles, mosaics, stone or ceramic are the most commonly used versions. This element reflects the taste, personality and personal preference of the home owner.
- Old materials used in new creative ways: The change is only with the style. Styles are being updated and new ones are continuously created, but the materials that are used remain the same. There is hardly any introduction of new materials. However, there are new ways of using and applying them. This is where creativity comes in.
Do you like to know more about contemporary kitchen designs? Let’s go here for more additional information.