If you are having an industrial workshop or a factory which uses lot of heavy duty material or the process demands that goods, raw materials or finished products be transported internally from one place to another continuously, then you may need some sort of conveying system which can mechanically convey goods or products from one point to another easily and efficiently. Belt conveyors can easily transport bulky order for cements and even lump coals from one part of a factory setting to another. It has been surveyed by companies worldwide that good quality belt conveyors can actually unload more than 10,000 tons commodities per hour from any single ship. With a conveyor belt you can transport all your general material or bulky material conveniently within your industrial premises without impacting your overall costs.
Easy way to transport all your materials & products
- Before belt conveyors came into being, a lot of heavy lifting had to be done manually by laborers or line workers. Along with being a time consuming process, as many objects where too heavy to be carried by one person alone & needed 2-3 people to carry them slowly, it was also a very expensive way of working, as more people had to be employed just to lift & carry the load around.
- With the belt conveyors the whole process got simplified as you can easily put whatever objects need to be transported onto the belt to be sent to the next point, saving precious time and money for industries & factories.
- Belt conveyors are considered to be one of the easiest & most affordable ways to transport general materials like boxes, bottles or packaging material to large volume items like rocks, sand, grains, iron ore and more.
- A belt conveyor is made of two or more pulleys with a long fabric or any other tough material which is stretched between the pulleys. Since one of the pulleys is motorized it pulls the belt along with it, which helps in moving the objects placed on the belt from one point to another easily.
The advantages of using a belt conveyor in your set up
Due to their versatility and durability, belt conveyors are the most common type of powered conveyor systems used for conveyance of goods & materials within the facility. Few of the noteworthy advantages of using a belt conveyor are:
- It is one of the least expensive ways to move materials which need to be conveyed long distances as the number of laborers needed for the job can be drastically reduced.
- Since the materials or the products are kept directly onto the belt, you can convey all shapes & sizes of objects successfully without any concern of these fitting or rolling down from the belt.
- Conveyor belts can be put in a straight line or even at an elevation without any risks of the objects falling down from the line or rolling back.
- With mechanically powered conveyor belts it is possible to keep moving objects continuously without any break in the transition, which is hardly the case if humans have to be employed to lift & carry heavy materials around.
- It is possible to load the belts from the middle also, making it easy to load & unload objects in between the line if required.
- Belt conveyors can easily be configured so that they fit into any type of application. This conveyor can transport materials both horizontally and also in the form of inclined planes.
With long lasting durability and its versatile nature belt conveyor is an ideal way to convey materials, goods and even food items easily. They can be a huge asset to your company since they are cost efficient as they save lot of labor costs plus they can also be a quick moving way to move materials without having any break in the whole process.
If you need more info about belt conveyor. You can check out our selection of conveyor systems, and get for budget friendly systems.