When you want to remodel your bathroom or construct a new one, you definitely need to look beyond the tiles and the cabinets. Your shower screen also needs to be replaced or reconstructed:
- These days there are various types, styles and designs of shower screens that you can purchase from the market.
- There are also varied types of shower screens that are available in the market like framed shower screens, semi-framed shower screens, and also frameless shower screens.
However, just by wanting to install a shower screen is not enough you will also have to take a lot of things into consideration when you are looking forward to the installation of a shower screen. So, what are those things that you have to look into?
Things To Consider Before You Install A Shower Screen:
- The first thing that you need to take into consideration is the door space of your bathroom. You will also have to take into consideration the fact about the total area or size of your shower and also the space availability within that enclosure.
- These factors are important to keep a note of that is because the total floor space will help you decide the exact size of a shower screen you will require.
- Bathrooms that have got enough door space shower screens that have got pivot doors which can open both sides can be installed.
- However, if you have a bathroom that does not have enough floor space you can certainly install shower screens that have got unobtrusive sliding doors. The other option that you can take into consideration is a bi-fold shower door.
Size of Your Bathroom
The overall size of your bathroom is another important factor that you must also consider. This will help you choose whether you need a big or small shower screen. If you have a small sized bathroom then clear glass shower screens is a great option in order to create a minimalist look and it also does not make space look small in size. However, if you have a spacious bathroom then it is best that you install a frosted glass or tinted shower screens which are also framed. This will certainly not compromise with the proportion of the bathroom. You can also choose frameless shower screens if you feel that you have a small bathroom as they do not have any bulky attachments.
Easy To Maintain
- The other factor that you will have to take into consideration is the maintenance of a shower screen. If shower screens are not maintained properly then the entire look of your bathroom will spoil and it will also look very messy.
- If you install shower screens that have glass panes then you will have less hassle to clean them in comparison to the frosted glass types.
- If you opt for frameless shower screens then also you will not face any problem cleaning them. So, when you go to buy shower screens make sure that you gather information about the maintenance of the shower screens.
Benefits of a glass shower screen
A glass and a semi-framed shower screen have numerous benefits including:
- Their installation is relatively simple and they require less maintenance.
- These screens reduce the internal steam if you take a steam bath, and they also reduce the condensation on the mirrors.
- They are more hygienic and sanitary than the plastic curtains.
There are a number of places from where you can buy shower screens in your town or city. However, it is always smart to do a thorough research before buying them. You start by looking into the Internet. This is by far the best place from where you can get all the information that you require.
This blog written for reader to provide useful information about Shower Screens.