It is essential that children also play outdoors but with the harsh sun and threat of over exposure to excessive UV radiation, there is a need to protect the young ones from extreme sun rays with coverage of some sort. Shade sails are the perfect solutions in these situations because they provide effective coverage even in the harshest of weather. Shade sails for schools have come into prominence as they are cheap yet durable outdoor shade cover in playgrounds, campus, sporting facilities and other open areas.
Need of a shade sail:
A shade sail is basically a mechanism that is deployed outdoors to provide shade and coverage from the Sun. Centered on the technology that drives a ship’s sail, this comprises of an elastic membrane that is stretched across many tension points or anchors to create a cover in the middle.
These inexpensive and easy to install devices are essential shields against prolonged sun exposure, chances of sunburn and skin cancer and are commonly deployed in:
- Seating areas
- Public gathering spots
Mostly the installations are permanent and it can stay maintenance free for five to ten years depending on the extent of exposure to harsh climates and extremities of weather.
Outdoor shade sails for schools are made up of ruggedly knit fabric that is flexible and has some intrinsic stretch capabilities that make taut coverage areas. The UV inhibitor features provide multi-year safeguard against UV degradation and the PVC or canvas fabric affords cool shade owing to its ability to breathe. The low cost and compact set up make it an essential investment in schools and other sporting and open areas where kids and adults gather or work out for extended periods of time in the sun.
The stretchable fabric can be shaped into attractive 3 dimensional structures that can add aesthetic appeal and provide a welcoming shaded haven in the blistering sunny hours.
Vital Advantages of shade sails:
Shade sails for schools, playgrounds and other public areas are basically fortified canopies that provide guaranteed UV protection, cool shade and comforting shelter in wide open spaces.
These commercial quality sails can:
- Provide adequate protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Shade percentage varies a little with color choices but mostly all popular colors like whites and beiges provide 90-96 percent blockage of sun radiation
- Withstand high winds to a large extent
- Hold strong for a long time and these are easy to install
- Can be created on anchor points as independent structures or fixed to a frame to the main building or structure
- Withstand heavy rains and showers as the porous knitted material will shed all accumulated water across to the surface to eventually drain through the knot or sides
- Be custom made in sizes and design to suit the desired coverage and blend in the architectural environs
- It can be easily cleaned with mild detergent and water but as such do not need much maintenance. It is good practice to check the tension points and anchors for proper strength and tension.
Shade sails for schools and other purposes are a modern and easier alternative to constructing permanent cement covers and roofs. The latter will be claustrophobic and limit the purpose of the open spaces. The light weight and stylish shades are preferred as they afford adequate coverage and yet have an impact of openness and space. These readymade and custom made sails are widely seen in public places like schools, parks, gardens etc. as well as commercial applications like malls and airports.
Once you carefully read the above mentioned guidelines, you will surely able to shield schools with shade sails.