Mahogany can be called a royal wood because it gives a very rich look to the room; needless to say it is moderately priced. Buying bedroom furniture can be considered as a good investment because it can be considered as an investment for a long time, and its resale value is also very good. The wood is so good that it has straight grains and fine texture and has no voids or pockets. Mahogany is reddish brown in color and sometimes it is found in red color as well. Over a period of time the red becomes reddish brown. This wood can be sanded, making it the most popular product to be used in making bedroom furniture. Seasoning this wood is quite simple. It can be kiln dried and air seasoned. In the recent years mahogany is more often used for bedroom furniture. Its dark shade suits most shades of room color.
Generally, the bedroom walls are painted in light shades to give a soothing feeling and the dark shade of mahogany contrasts the decor of the room. Its darkening effect is liked by many people and it looks good with a gloss or a matte finish. It gives a rich look to the room. What is bedroom furniture? It’s not a bed alone. It includes a dresser, vanity and night stand.
- A dresser is like a chest of drawer which is slightly smaller.
- Vanity is a chair and a table with mirror and draws to keep your personal beauty kits.
Having all this completes the decor of the bedroom. When all this is mahogany it gives an added beauty to the room. Beds that double up as storage place, is becoming popular, it also functions as a dresser. This two-in one piece is very useful especially in smaller rooms. It is also easy on the wallet as it takes the place of a dresser. There are draws on all sides. Sometimes, the place below the bed itself forms the storage area. When such beds are made it is essential that the material used is insect and rot resistant. There can be no better choice than mahogany for this.
How to Select Bedroom Furniture
Bedroom is a place for relaxation. This is the place where you eventually unwind physically and mentally. Therefore, this place has to have a soothing effect. A cluttered bedroom is not going to serve its purpose. The furniture for a bedroom should be chosen with great care. It is true that guests are seated in the living area or dining room and most take utmost care to select the furniture of these two rooms. However, the bedroom is also important for the people living in the house and its furniture must be selected with care.
Here are some factors that you should consider when selecting bedroom furniture:
- Size of the room is the first point to look into before choosing furniture. A bigger room can accommodate a double bed while a single bed alone can be used for smaller room. King size or queen size beds can be thought of if the room is really big.
- The dresser and the night stand can be avoided if the room is small.
- A bed selection depends on the number of people using the room.
- The material of the bed is the next aspect that you need to check. Mahogany beds are a good investment because it gives long term results.
- The color of the furniture should suit the color of the room. It is not practical to change the wall paint to suit the furniture. Mahogany goes well with any color scheme.