A Balustrade is a group of stair sticks or balusters supporting the parapet or the handrail of a staircase. Balustrading is mainly done for ensuring structural stability and safety. These railings in the balconies and parapet wall prevent accidents. The individual balusters are spaced evenly at a distance of approximately the size of the base. Traditionally, they are made of wood both hard woods and soft woods but these days they are also made from cast iron and stainless steel.
Types of balustrades:
Balustrading is available in a wide range of materials and colors these days. They are made from wood, polymer and stone. However, stainless steel balustrading is the trend at large so is the glass balustrading. Stainless steel is a versatile material available and it is also very strong. The stainless balustrades can take various forms – like round or square poles.
Advantages of stainless steel balustrading:
- Stainless steel balustrades are very strong and durable. They withstand varied temperatures and they do not rust easily. They give a luxury effect to the environment.
- Stainless steel balustrading give an elegant and sleek look to the house.
- Stainless steel balusters are very strong and they provide the assured safety.
- The stainless steel balusters get along well with other materials like glass very well. Glass and stainless combination is the most sought after these days as they add more glamour to the place. IT also gives a modern look to the place. This is the preferred combination for hospitality industry. It is very common to see ornate steel balustrades to have timber handrails and glass balustrades with steel handrails. Together, they provide a very sleek and aesthetic appeal to the balconies and staircases.
- Easy to maintain. It is very easy to clean the stainless steel balusters. A dry cloth would be enough to swipe away the dust particles collected on the surface. Rust does not form on them. They do not need any extra treatments like painting after installation. If maintained free from dust, they can come for a long time.
- Majority of the work is done at the site. This minimizes chances of error. This also saves time and results in better finish to the balustrades.
However, there are some disadvantages too in using stainless steel balustrading.
Disadvantages of stainless steel balustrading:
- They are expensive than other materials used in making balustrades. The cost of the stainless steel is only going up and so we do not expect to see any drop in price any time soon.
- It requires skilled welding and much has to be done at the site. This makes the installation process little intricate.
- It requires good eyes and experience to distinguish the quality of the stainless steel that is used to make the balustrades
- Since much of the work is done at site, the installation process is little more complicated and requires skilled labor and so the initial cost becomes expensive.
How can we choose the best stainless steel balustrading company?
- The company should house the quality raw materials – quality stainless steel rods.
- The company should offer the best price for the quality materials.
- They should install the balustrades on time and at a time convenient for us. This is more important as much of the fabrication is to be done at home, it should be done at a time convenient for the people at home.
It is always better to read reviews about the stainless steel balustrading companies in town – through Internet or word of mouth before striking a deal with them. Hope you catch all the above mentioned things to choose the best stainless steel balustrading! Keep in touch to get more important information about steel balustrading.