During the hot summer months, we all have to resort to the air conditioned rooms for a cooler temperature and environment. The main purpose of an air conditioner is to reduce the temperature of the air and this is done in several ways. The split system air conditioning is used in hotels restaurants, homes, offices, warehouses, shopping malls, and in large industrial units, as it can cool down a spacious area within just few minutes. This is also called a ductless or duct-free air conditioning technique, where you do not have to install long pipes and ducts all around your walls.
What is actually the split system air conditioning?
This is a type of an air conditioning system which consists of two different units. The unit kept outside in the open is called the compressor and the unit kept inside the room that cools the air is called the wall hung unit. There is a connection made between these two units by means of pipes. These pipes contain the refrigerant required for cooling purposes. These are the components of the split system air conditioning. The compressor is the one that runs to cool the air and it does make some noise. But this is kept outside, so it doesn’t create much of a problem. On the other hand, the cool air enters the room through the wall hung unit.
Benefits of split system air conditioning:
- Easy to install: This air conditioning system is rather easy to install. The advantage here is that there are no internal ducts to install in the room. This saves up space, time and labor. The inner unit can be as far as 100 feet away from the compressor. Yet, the only piece of equipment connecting the two will be wires and piping.
- Easy maintenance: This is one aspect that is very important in case of air conditioning systems. Every such system needs regular maintenance to allow it to run properly. When you compare the energy-saving options of the split system air conditioning with other heating and cooling units in your home, then you see that you save a lot on your electricity bills.
- Quiet system: The inner wall hung unit is pretty much as quiet as it can get. This is ideal for bedrooms, classrooms and the likes. The compressor runs smoothly and patients, elders, children and pets can enjoy a sound sleep when the split system air conditioning operates in your home.
Cost-effective options with easy control system:
- Cost effective: These air conditioning systems are ideal for places which need to be heated up only for some time and not continuously throughout the day. So this saves a lot of energy.
- Easy control: The split system, more often than not, comes with a remote that is used for operating on the system. Therefore, operations are very simple.
- Aesthetics: The split system air conditioning does not spoil the décor of the room. This system can match to any wall color, room furniture and the color of the ceilings.
Tips for maintaining split system air conditioners:
- Make it a point to keep cleaning the air conditioning filters regularly. This will also extend the lifespan of the machine.
- Cleaning the compressor is also important for increasing the longevity of the air conditioning system. Special cleanings oils can help you in the process.
- There is also a normal ‘Fan’ option that you can use when the appropriate temperature has already been achieved. There must not be any refrigerant leakage.
Split system air conditioners are the most popular ideas for air conditioning. You can search online for festive discounts and additional free installation advice, if you are keen to buy a split system air conditioner.