If you have any problem related to muscles, nerves, joints etc. You must visit a chiropractor. Chiropractic is a discipline of medicine that treats the problems related to these areas of the body such as chronic muscle pain, pain in the joints etc. In short you must understand that any type of problem related to neuro musculo skeletal system will be treated by a chiropractor.
- You may have come across people who complain that their shoulders are always painful or they constantly have back ache pr their knees are always painful.
- If these people want to get the actual relief they must visit a chiropractor who has the training as well as the knowledge about these problems and their treatments.
- The chiropractor uses various exercises that help in strengthening the various muscles of the body and thus help in eliminating the chronic pain from which the people have suffered for many years. The chiropractor also employs methods like massage and stimulation of various kinds to treat the neuro musculo skeletal problems.
How the practice is carried out?
While treating the patients it is important that they are lying down against a solid base which is neither too hard nor too soft. This has led to the development of the chiropractic treatment table. These are not any normal tables but have been built to serve a specific purpose of chiropractic cure. The engineers who have developed this table have done so with the help of the chiropractors to aid in the treatments.
The requirements of the chiropractic treatment table
Generally, when a patent walks into the office of a chiropractor the clinician makes the patient walk and do certain everyday activities to assess the extent of the problem the patient is complaining of. Then, the patient is asked to lie down on the chiropractic table. This table should have the following characteristics so that it can be helpful in delivering treatment to the patient
- Comfort: Comfort is one thing that is always desirable and especially when it comes to being used for some sort of chiropractic treatment it is always a need for the table to be comfortable where the patent can relax and spend time getting treatment without having any problem.
- Supports: The chiropractic table must have various kinds of supports and a head rest. This attachment helps to keep the patient’s body relaxed and in a position that is considered balanced.
- Adjustable: The chiropractic table also needs to be adjustable. This is important because the table needs to be adjusted according to the patients’ height and the problem and if it cannot be adjusted it is just a waste for the chiropractor. Also the doctor’s height may vary and this requires the table’s height to be adjustable. Many a time the patient’s body’s out of normal position due to some accident and it is at this time that the table’s adjusting nature can be put use to the most.
There are many elements in a chiropractic table that can be adjusted and can help in making the patient more relaxed. There are tables that work on different mechanics like the hydraulics. These allow the table to be raised and lowered. This is important because then it becomes easier for the patient to mount the table and when the table is raised enough the practitioner can perform the treatment at a comfortable position. So, it is apparent that the adjustability of the table is beneficial for both the patient as well as the chiropractor.
The safety of the patient is also of prime concern in choosing the chiropractic treatment table. The safety measures for the patient will include non transfer of infections from one patient to another by hanging the cover of the table after every patient.