When a home is designed the owner of the building wants to do something extraordinary in the home to make it look different from rest of the neighbourhood. In this sequence the one thing that can be given a twist in the form and design is the staircase.
- One must understand that a staircase can make or break the look of the house and therefore it must be designed with a lot of consideration.
- If you are planning on getting a staircase changed in your house or you are getting a staircase for a house which is being constructed, then you must give a consideration to the newest designs in the market. One of the designs that go very well with almost all the houses and their interior decoration is that of a cantilevered stair.
- This design of the staircase stands out amongst all the designs of the staircase and gives that oomph to your home. The cantilever staircase gives the feel of the floating staircase that is free in the air and is weight less.
- If you really want the people to appreciate your home and its design as well as your choice you must go in for this kind of staircase. The wow- factor that is associated with the cantilever stair is the main factor that forces the people to choose it over the other designs.
Give a minimalistic look to your office with superior quality cantilever stairs:
People who like to have the minimalist look in their homes must go in for this kind of stair case.
The variety is immense if you go searching for these staircases. Along with variety in designs you will also get variety in material and this adds to the grace of the staircase because then it can be chosen depending on the decor of your home.
Why cantilever stairs are called floating stairs?
Many people would believe that these stair cases are floating in the air but they are not. The secret lies in their actual name and that is cantilevered stair. Cantilever means that the stairs are attached to the support only on one end. The other end of the tread remains free in the air. There is also a supporting structure in these stair cases but that is hidden inside the wall. This creates the illusion of the stairs being suspended in the air or free floating.
They provide the best support to the case and they compliment the look of your home:
The support of the treads in cantilevered stair comes in various varieties such as
- A string that is fixed to the wall
- A string that is fixed inside the wall
- A metal frame
- Pockets in the wall
The most reliable and the most common method used to fix the cantilevered stair is by making pockets in the solid wall. This method is opted the most because the owners of the house also want the stairs to be strong enough to take the load of almost anything including running of the children as well as shifting of loads up and down when the house is being occupied by the inmates.
These stairs are made up of many different materials such as:
The material can be chosen depending on the decor of your house as well as the cost involved in buying the material. Obviously it is cheaper to use wood as the stair case material rather than glass. But the wood and concrete is going to be heavier and would need more support than glass or metal.