A gas heater is used for warming the room area or the outdoor area with the help of propane, natural gas, butane or liquefied petroleum gas. In addition, it can be classified as vented, unvented and flued or non-flued. The flued gas heaters are the vented ones whereas the non-flued gas heaters are the unvented or vent free heaters. In order to ensure that the gas heater is working safely and securely, it is essential to contact the gas heater service. There are many gas heater service companies in Melbourne, and since this place is also marked by a steady winter, it is important to call the gas heater service in case of any indication of trouble or if the gas heater breaks down all of a sudden, during the winter season.
Signs that indicate that the gas heater is faulty:
- A faulty gas heater can emit the poisonous carbon monoxide which can result in serious health issues such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
High amount of carbon monoxide can even cause death. Therefore, one needs to be extra careful if the gas heater is emitting the poisonous carbon monoxide. In such scenario, one should open the window and doors and leave the room.
- The gas heater service should be contacted if there is a yellow flame instead of a blue flame.
- Sometimes, the pilot light gets switched off without any intimation, and then it is important to contact reputed gas heater service provider.
- The gas heater service can also be contacted if there are signs of stain on the walls or heater panels.
- If the gas heater suddenly becomes hot and pigments develop all around it, then it must be opened and checked thoroughly, to avoid any mishap.
- The gas heater service should be contacted if there is sudden increase in the energy bills, or while using the heater, if a poisonous smell comes out.
- The gas heater service should be contacted if the rooms are not getting equal distribution of heat.
In addition, to all these points, the gas heating service professionals should check after every two or three months whether the gas heater is old and if the room lacks humidity and feels suffocating.
Services that the gas heater servicing company delivers:
Listed below are the services that are usually provided by the gas heater servicing company:
- Repairing the gas furnace and the heater
- Checking the heat pumps, boilers and gas indicators, to avoid any sudden break-down and emergency like fire or gas hazards.
- Repairing and replacing the entire gas heater if required
- Baseboard heating
- Checking the status of the battery in the thermostat
- Checking the status of the air filters
- Checking the circuit breaker and the power cord cable
- Checking the valve to find out if there are any leaks
in case of any difficulty, one should contact the gas heater servicing company immediately without any hesitation as a gas heater may pose a great risk or danger if it is not maintained properly irrespective of its age and price.
As it is rightly said that ‘Prevention is better than cure, therefore, it is essential to know the signs that signifies that the gas heater is faulty or it needs an immediate replacement or servicing.
Thus, with the help of the above given guidelines, one would get an idea as to when to contact the gas heater service in order to increase the product’s durability, strength and longevity and to keep away health hazards.