Fuel hoses or fuel transfer hoses are an integral part of your car’s fuel delivery systems. If your fuel pipes do not work properly the entire delivery system will fail and the fuel will not reach to the engine, leading to engine failure. This simply means you will be unable to start your car and in longer run parts of your car will get damaged due to lack of fuel and lubrication. To avoid such unfavourable situations, fuel pipe maintenance is one smart practice to adapt to. As the saying goes “prevention is better than cure”, so is proper maintenance than expensive and complicated repairs.
Effective fuel pipe maintenance advice:
Following are some useful guiding advice for fuel hoses maintenance, and if you follow them the life of the fuel delivery system of your car will surely get increased.
- Using premium quality fuel: The main purpose of fuel hoses is to transfer fuel from fuel tank to fuel engine. Hence, the relation between the fuel pipes and the fuel is quite integrated. To ensure proper health of these pipes, it is important to use premium quality fuel. Using good quality fuel enhances the efficiency and the conditions of the fuel pipes. Always use contaminant free fuel and liquids. Also following the manufacturer’s instructions on this can prove to be helpful. Contaminants present in substandard fuels can reduce the life of fuel hoses and can even accumulate in the hoses and jam them. This can really damage your car. You can check the presence of contaminant in fuel by simply keeping a little bit of fuel liquid in a glass vessel. After a while the contaminants will settle down in the bottom of the vessel. Such fuel no matter how cheap must be avoided strictly. Always go for high quality fluid.
- Use of right kind of fuel additive: Just like fuel, the quality of fuel additive is also important for maintaining the optimal state of fuel hoses. These additives remove fungus and other blocking materials from fuel pipes and from fuel filters as well. Such additives remove all debris from fuel pipes and other parts of fuel delivery system. Hence, the fuel additive should be of high quality and proper. It may seem a bit expensive but it is highly useful for fuel delivery system maintenance.
- Fuel filter replacement as and when required: Fuel filters not only protect fuel hoses but protect the entire fuel transfer system of your vehicle. They prevent small dirt particles to enter the fuel transfer hoses and other parts and thus keep the entire system clean and optimally working. These filters often get clogged with debris from time to time and hence need replacement. Fully functional filters ensure fully functional car fuel system.
- Regular servicing: Vehicle servicing by licensed and authorized professional at proper intervals ensure the proper state of the car. Likewise, the fuel transfer hoses too need regular servicing. Make sure you get them checked and repaired from time to time by authorized mechanics so that the hoses remain fully functional always. Sign up for an annual servicing schedule as recommended by the manufacturer. This ensures that your car and car’s fuel delivery system is in the hands of skilled professionals.
- Storing in a proper way: The fuel hoses face tough weather conditions, handle difficult road situations, take on much load, etc. and thus are always prone to damage. Always store your car in a proper garage at optimal conditions. The lesser they are kept outside in harsh climates the better for the entire fuel transfer system.