Stainless steel is considered to be of a particular material for building handrail and balustrade as they are resistant to corrosion and they are also successful in retaining their appearance and require minimum maintenance and they also do not require chemical coatings. However, finishes are required like grey matt to the already polished mirror surface. Steel balustrades are highly noticeable. It is a great experience walking up to a sleek, modern staircase with attractive wiring and poles and nice steel hand railing next to it. Gleaming balustrade look glamorous. Stainless steel is extensively used in the balconies and handrails. Many apartments and also newly built apartments are considering stainless steel balustrades to be used as balconies.
Let us look at benefits of installing stainless steel balustrade:-
- Stainless steel balustrade fit in very well with any kind of décor that can range from contemporary to modern outlook. And balustrades work well with the materials like wood, stone or glass. All these ingredients enhance the appeal of the stainless steel balustrade. These details can make any staircase look stand out and is suitable for both home as well as office look.
- Steel balustrades last for a long time as they are much durable as compared to other materials like wood as wood is prone to fading and scratches are visible on wood. Steel balustrades are never prone to rust and applicable to both indoor and outdoor use. Once they are installed properly and are fitted, they don’t require any extra anything apart from occasional cleaning.
- If you want stainless steel balustrades to look ultra sophisticated and a luxurious look, you can opt for mirrored or satin finished stainless steel balustrades. They can bring home a Hollywood look and give a glamorous look to your house.
- Mostly stainless steel balustrades are fitted and installed on site that are different than the conventional system that is applied to other materials that are made in factory fitted and then are brought to the site to be assembled. However, stainless steel is advantageous as they are fitted on site as doing so they are installed with much more precision and comparatively lesser chance of any pending error. The fabricator at the end will be happy and face much more convenience to polish the balustrades after installation as they save time and trouble.
Stainless steel is well known for its ability to possess a clean surface and it can resist corrosion and rust. Dirt, grime and rust can somehow make stainless steel prone to corrosion, contamination and rust.
Stainless steel is not prone to such decay if regularly cleaned and certain rules are followed:-
- Routine cleaning with water and cloth and warm water will keep dust and grime away from stainless steel balustrade.
- Mild detergent preferably dish washing liquid and with cloth can be used if there are some contamination or corrosion marks and using warm water keeps stainless steel undamaged. They thoroughly prevent staining and spotting.
- Finger prints are one of the most sought after problems for stainless steel but this problem can be taken care by using a glass cleaner that can resist finger prints.
- If you need to polish your stainless steel balustrade. It is preferable to use stainless cleaner as they give their level best in kicking away the scratches and also they completely eliminate the stains without any discontentment. It is beneficial to go through the instructions about the cleaner and then use the liquid accordingly. It is recommended to first test it on an inconspicuous spot. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and towel dry.