Medical diagnostic equipment’s have features and characteristics that make it easier for the doctors to diagnose their patient’s condition. These equipment’s also make it more easy to use and accessible for individuals who have disabilities. There are various kinds of medical diagnostic equipment, and one of them is the ent chairs used in clinics or practices. ENT chairs are available in 2 categories, powered chairs and manual chairs. The type of chair chosen is based on the budget of the ENT specialist or the practice. However, what needs to be considered is not only the budget, but also whether the ent chair will provide optimal comfort for the patient. ENT chairs should also allow the ENT specialist to check on crucial aspects. Such chairs should be long lasting and durable with flexible options such as to fix the chair to the floor or to use it with or without the footrest.
Types of ENT Chairs
- The special ent chairs are designed to support and help people who are handicapped or aged. These chairs can be used in homes and at hospitals. They are not only easy to install, but also to operate and maintain as well. Usually handicapped or aged patients using wheelchairs face problems as wheelchairs are on a higher plane compared to ent chairs. However, the latest ent chairs come with the options to lower, raise, fold or unfold. Such ent chairs are widely used as well as those that have portable lifts as well as stair glides and platform lifts.
- The battery operated ent chairs work using an electric motor or a hydraulic lift. The main benefit of these chairs is that they can be used even during a power failure or in places where there is frequent power shut downs. The hydraulic chairs can even be worked when the battery is low which eliminates any need of manual strength. The only disadvantage with hydraulic ent chairs is that these are a bit difficult to maintain and are cumbersome.
- Electric ent chairs are available with a battery backup facility. This feature allows you to continue using the chair when there is no power. These ent chairs are flexible, and can be installed in most spaces. Only minimal maintenance is required for electric ent chairs.
When you buy an ent chair you need to ensure that it provides the option to lower and raise the chair. You also need to check whether the chair includes backup lifting for the chair lift. The lift should be compatible with the chair. You should also check the maintenance cost as well as how accessible and freely available are the spare parts of the chair.
Benefits of ENT Chairs
- ENT chairs allow the patient to recline completely so that the specialist can reach the affected area easily.
- The foldable armrests of the chair allow the doctor to get access to the patient easily.
- ENT chairs have a compact base that is easy to maintain and clean.
- Due to the design, space restraints are not much of a concern.
- The material used in ent chairs is vinyl which has anti-bacterial properties.
- These chairs have headrests that can be adjusted based on the preference of the doctor or the patient.
- Small surgeries can be performed on the ent chair without any need of moving the patient.
While choosing the right ent chair, you need to be aware of the available features which are useful for ENT specialists. Purchase ent chairs only from reputed technicians and sellers. Compare the price from various sellers before placing an order.