The technology of evaporative cooling has been used widely to regulate the room temperature. It has the capability to make your place cool and cozy by following a natural process. With the passage of time, the design has changed a lot to incorporate many new features for improved performance. Hence, if you are planning to buy such cooling system, you must get familiar with its different features and functions. This is the best way you can get effective results.
Popular types of evaporative cooling unit
A residential swamp cooler or an evaporative cooler can be found in various types. You have to decide first which type you desire at your living place. The most common ones are:-
- Portable evaporative cooler: As the term, itself describes portable, cooling solution, which provides, better mobility in your area. It is convenient to move it from one place to another.
- Window mounted evaporative cooler: It has the capability to cool down the temperature of a space from small to large. Its energy efficiency nature makes it a good alternative to window air conditioners.
Important things to consider for evaporative coolers
There are many advantages of having an evaporative cooling installed in your residential or commercial premises. This type of coolers is commonly known as swamp coolers because of their method of cooling. They are relatively cheaper in price, simple in design, and extremely friendly to the environment. They are an ideal choice for cooling an internal environment in short span.
Prior to buying and deciding suitable cooling device, you must consider the features of an evaporative cooling system discussed below:-
- Effectiveness in local climate: Sometimes, the hot and dry air becomes unbearable particularly during the hottest time of the year. In such a miserable state of daytime, it is most efficient. Such cooling system is considered as the most effective method of cooling an area with relatively less humidity.
- Ventilation while cooling: Earlier, people had to spend separately on ventilation and cooling. Now your building can be ventilated effortlessly during cooling. It can be used when doors and windows are kept open, unlike standard air conditioning systems. You do not need an enclosed space for proper and efficient cooling effects. Thus, you can enjoy fresher and cool air, simultaneously.
- Lower cooling cost: Since evaporative cooler is manufactured with simple design; you can find the cost of cooling less as compared to the other available cooling options in today’s scenario. Apart from its quicker installation and easier maintenance, it is bought extensively due to its limited power consumption. However, it is wise to estimate the amount of water needed to operate the cooling system.
- Health benefits: Many users may think that the added humidity generated from an evaporative system can create major health issues. Nevertheless, here the case is opposite. With the evaporative cooling method, the added humidity can rear many benefits to you and your dear ones. It will inevitably increase your comfort by alleviating the resistance to the risk of asthma and allergies or preventing dry skin or eyes.
- Positive impact on the environment: Using an evaporative cooler is valuable for the environment. This is because it only requires water to function smoothly to maintain a cool and comfortable interior. It does not use refrigerants like CFCs or ammonia that result in toxicity or ozone depletion.
Hence, if you are too bothered with your high-power consumption and bills, you can switch to an efficient evaporative cooling system, as it supports lesser energy expenditure. This does not cot much on your pocket as well reduces electricity bill.