It is quite amazing when you see how plants and flowers boost the overall beauty of a house or a business property. You can enhance the beauty of flowers and plants by placing time in planter boxes. They are available in different shapes and sizes and materials. One of the popular choices for the growth of plants is the wooden planter boxes. These are stylish and appealing. Moreover, they can be customized into the desired colour, thus making it the perfect fitment for the interior and exteriors of your house.
If you use beautiful wooden planter boxes, it can enhance the beauty of a garden, patio or and entrance. You must have noticed a wooden bench planter combo box which drastically enhances the beauty of a garden along with serving other purposes. Planters can be commonly found in most of the commercial spaces to enhance the beauty of the space and display beautiful landscapes.
Benefits of Wooden planter boxes
- Ease of mobility: One of the major benefits of wooden planter boxes is its mobility. Since they are not as heavy as concrete planter boxes, you can easily move it from one place to another. It can be easily put in a garden, patio, shade, open space or on a deck. Small planter boxes are easily portable; however, if you want to plant large trees and shrubs, you will have to use a large planter box. Large planter boxes are a bit difficult to move.
- The durability of Wood: The durability of a wooden planter box depends on the type or quality of the wood used to make it. So, one of the key factors that you must take into consideration while choosing a wooden planter box is that it should be of good quality, such that lasts longer. Redwoods are one of the best woods to make planter boxes.
- Use of appropriate soil: Different types of plant require different types of soils to grow to its fullest. When we plant a tree or any other plant in wooden planter boxes. We can use the appropriate soil required for the plant even if the type of soil of your place is different. While cultivating plants in wooden planter boxes or any other planter, the soil tends to dry faster hence, water the plants regularly and add the nutrients to keep the soil moisturized and fertile.
Things to consider with wooden planter boxes
- Amp up the look of your planter by colouring the wooden planter boxes with different colours to match with its surrounding space or the landscape. One can use a clear protective coat to retain its natural look, which looks classy.
- Don’t forget to add sealant to the planter before adding the soil and also after. Every five years. It removes any accrued grim, UV surface burning or old sealant. Be careful while power washing the wooden boxes; make sure the water doesn’t cut through the wood grain.
- After washing once the planter dries up, sand any rough space so that the wood is smooth. After sanding makes sure, you coat the wood with some sealant. A transparent sealant is the most ideal for wooden planter boxes as it does not hide the natural beauty of the wood. For indoor wooden planters, use a wax finish.
- Wooden planter boxes that you have kept outside in open space are left unprotected from the harsh weather conditions. They develop cracks over time due to shrinkage and enlargement caused due to temperature and other climatic factors. If you notice any cracks with round ages, make sure you sand them to get a smooth surface.
If you are planning to add wooden planter boxes, then the above-mentioned tips will help you enhance the beauty of the planter and at the same time increase its life.