The eye is an important organ of the human body. Going for annual kid’s eye test very important because you kid can suffer from blur vision and myopia, and you need to test their eyes every year by registered optometrist. Are you wondering why eye test is so important? Then have a look at some of the major reasons here:
- It Helps Kids To Succeed In School: This is an important reason. More than 70% of the children learn some major things from their surrounding and they do not only depend on their school or textbooks. So if they suffer from blur vision then they cannot learn anything, and they can get injured by road accident at anytime. An annual kids eye test is one of the best ways to make sure that your kids are seeing very clearly as well as comfortably to get success in the classroom. It is also required to make sure that kids are seeing clearly which will help him to get more success in sports as well as other activities.
- Myopia Is Rapidly Becoming An Epidemic: After only a comprehensive kids eye test, the eye doctor can discuss with you their findings and provide the best options for treatment according to your requirements. The number of kids getting myopia is increasing at first rate and kids who are nearsighted at an early age will surely experience more worsening as well as the progression of myopia throughout their life. This again puts them at a more elevated risk of serious and sight-threatening eye problems in their life like glaucoma, cataracts along with retinal detachment. So, scheduling for an eye exam is one of the perfect ways to assess your kid’s risk of suffering from myopia. If detected early, and slow down the progression thereby decreasing the kid’s risk of getting eye problems in their later life.
- The Vision Screening Is Not A Substitute For An Eye Exam: Most often parents think that their child passed the school vision screening, so their eye is working perfectly, but that is a wrong assumption. A comprehensive kids eye test by an eye specialist can make sure that his vision is clear and comfortable and also free from all potential eye diseases that don’t have any early symptoms. So you need to consult with an optometrist or ophthalmologist in this regard, and they must have the specialization in pediatric optometry.
- Glaucoma: Among all serious eye disease, glaucoma is one as they don’t show any symptoms in the early stage. So, people or kids who fail to go for a routine eye test cannot know about glaucoma and it may result in permanent vision loss. When the risk factors for glaucoma like increased eye pressure is recognized then it becomes easier to detect glaucoma and treat it early. It can possible by kid’s eye test and you must consult with a doctor in this regard.
- A Kids Eye Test Can Also Detect Other Potential Problems: Do you know most of the person recognize that they have other health problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other such problems when they go for a routine eye test. Some other potential diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, cancer can be predicted from a routine eye exam.
So, it’s important not to put off kids eye test even if you think they have perfect vision. By doing so you are not protecting the eye of your kid but also their overall health as well as academic success.