It is very difficult to prune the grasses of the garden and you cannot maintain your garden on regular basis. In this case, you can buy the best lawn mowers to maintain your garden, and you can spend your weekends on such garden activities. This is a great physical activity that can help you to reduce your stress and you can give a fresh look to your home. But, choosing a lawn mower is a daunting task due to the plethora of options available. You can consider the following points to choose the best lawn mowers.
- Durability: You need to consider the durability, versatility, and functionality of a lawn mower before you choose.
- Walk mowers or ride mowers: There are two types of lawn mowers available such as riding mowers and walk-behind mowers. If you have less than ¼ acre land then you can use walk-behind mowers. These are manually operated mowers and they can be used for domestic garden. But, if you have a large commercial garden then you need to use riding mowers. Riding mowers can prune the grasses faster.
For example, if you have a garden less than ten thousand square feet then you can use a 22-inch lawn mower. It depends on your choice that how would you mow your garden, and if you want to mow your garden in a convenient way then you can choose a riding mower. You do not need to operate such mowers manually and you can drive these mowers like car.
- Cutting blade: If you have a garden in complex design then you need to choose a lawn mower that has a 360-degree angle cutting blade. It can easily trim the borders of your garden and you can keep your landscape neat and clean.
- Drives: lawn mowers are designed with different kinds of drive and you can choose the best one according to your requirements.
- Front-wheel drive: you can clean the corners of your lawn by this drive and you just push down the handle of your lawn mower to reduce its traction on the front wheel. Lawn mowers designed with front-wheel drive are best for a small garden designed with a lot of obstacles.
- Rear-wheel: this is best for up-hill and side-hill mowing, and you can use this drive on the hills. If you have an outhouse in a hill station then you can use a lawn mower with rear-wheel for your garden.
- All-wheel drive: there are few lawn mowers available that are designed with all-wheel drive, and these mowers can cut across the washboard, side-hill, up-hill and sidewall areas.
- Mower-mulches and bags: You must check two major functions of a mower-mulches and bags. Most of the mowers are equipped with mulches that can prune small grasses, and you cannot use such mowers in the spring and early summer. There are few mowers available that have mulches, bags, and side discharges. You can use cut the tall weeds with these mowers and you can run such mowers on non-turf grasses.
- Transmission: Apart from that, you need to check the transmission of the mower before you choose, and you must buy a mower that has better horsepower. There are few lawn mowers available, which are designed with three transmission systems.
- Power: You can run such mowers by fuel, gas, or electricity. It is better to choose an electric lawn mower for your domestic garden because you can easily plug-in your mower to clean your garden. Else, if you have a large backyard then you can go for gas or fuel operated mowers.