Over time, many business owners may feel the need to expand their business and move onto bigger premises or renovate the existing premises to better accommodate their growing business needs. To make way for the new furniture and furnishings as per the new design of the interior decorators or to surrender the premises to the landlord in a “as it was” condition, you would need to clear the existing premises.
To make the office premises look clean and polished all the time. Before, you would need it be demolished and cleared internally of all existing structures, flooring, furniture, equipment, etc. Dismantling and demolishing an office entirely and removing all the furniture and fixtures is known as an office strip out.
An Overview of Office Strip Out
An office strip out is carried out by professional contractors with experience and expertise in this field. They also have the necessary tools and equipment to remove everything smoothly, with minimum damage. Office strip out specialists will usually work in tandem with your landlord in case of a handover or with your interior decorator if you are renovating the premises.
The Entire Process of an Office Strip Out Involves
- A detailed briefing to the contractor on what all needs to be cleared and demolished to restore the premises to its original condition. This would also ideally require a note from the landlord in case of handover, on the premises’ pre-existing condition and the “Scope of work” to restore it to its original condition.
- Confirmation by the contractor on the budget for the office strip out.
- Post confirmation and payment formalities, the contractor shall begin securing the necessary civic approvals, permits, documents and insurance required to undertake the office strip out.
- The contractor will provide a detailed documentation about the project planning. This should ideally be shared with the landlord and inter decorators to be aware of the changes being implemented. The timeline of the project and expected completion are also shared at this stage.
- A safety analysis report and safe work method statement shall also be provided by the contractor to confirm that he is adhering to and following all safety standards.
- A statement on how he plans to dispose of the debris and any unwanted items from the office strip out while complying with all the necessary guidelines and environmental clearances.
- Once the paperwork formalities are complete, he will depute a team of professionals comprising flooring experts, electricians, plumbers, carpenters and structural engineers to carry out the necessary works. If required, he will also depute a team to remove the signage, window film etc.
- If included in the scope of work, the contractor’s team will also prepare the flooring for re-installation of new flooring etc. The entire electrical and plumbing works can also be restored to their original condition during the office strip out, to ensure a complete and proper handover of the premises.
- After completing the entire office strip out process and cleaning the premises, he will hand over the same to the owners for further action as required.
It is of no doubt an office strip out helps you renovate your premises faster and more efficiently. Renovating an existing office is no easy task. It requires major changes to be done to the existing furniture, flooring and structures and other related factors. In such scenarios, opting for a complete office strip out is the best solution. At the end of the day, it will prove to be more beneficial and less time-consuming in the long run.