As the word suggests that a door handle is used to open and close the doors. A door handle can be found on any type of door, be it exterior doors of buildings or internal doors, or even cupboards. There are various designs and styles of door handle available in the markets that are applicable for different purposes.
The door handles add aesthetic decor to the building and provide great functionality to the door. The door handles are available in lever door handles, pull handles, passage set door handles, recessed handles, etc.
Passage Set Door Handles-
A passage set door handle set comes with a tubular latch that allows the door to open and close using a lever or a knob. These handles are used primarily for interior doors that do not require any locking system. When the door is closed, the passage set door handle is released, and the latch fits into the hole in the plate mounted on the door. And for opening the door, the handle is turned to release the latch.
These handles are similar to the dummy door knobs that are used to open the doors. The passage set door handles are ideal for interior halls, closets, and those rooms that don’t need any privacy lock.
Installing Passage Set Door Handles-
As all the handles are different in dimensions and design, there is a certain way for installing the door handles. For installing the passage set door handles, follow the steps given below-
- First, measure the height of your door handle, which must be based on your preference. Once you have the selected height, mark the locations with the help of the template attached with the handles using a pencil. Make sure that you mark both sides of the door.
- Now drill the holes marked that must be around 90 mm deep.
- Prepare the door frame of around 28 mm x 70 mm x 2.5 mm and then from the frame cut out a 38 mm x 2.5 mm deep recess for the striker’s tongue. Then finally, create a 24mm x 34mm x 12mm deep frame to house the dust box. Place the dust box in the door frame and secure it tightly with a striker plate and screws.
- Now install the latch into the hole and secure it with the help of screws.
- Then install the spindle through the door. Slide on the handle and check the operation of the lever to make sure that the downward motion is achieved. Then, cut the screws to the required length and fasten both the assemblies together with these screws. Tighten other screws on the side to fix them to the spindle.
- Install the outer rose cover and the inner rose cover by sliding over the lever. You are done with the process of installing passage door set handles and are ready to use.
Tips for Choosing Passage Door Handles-
While choosing an ideal passage set door handle, you need to consider several points. Choose the style of the door handle in the same approach as you would choose any other interior of the house. Do consider the functions of the door you want to install the handle. Suppose the door is used for some security or privacy purposes. In that case, it is useless to install passage set door handles as they are non-locking handles.
When buying passage set door handles, be sure to analyze your budget. Also, ensure checking the quality of the door handles. You should never consider buying door handles that are made of low-quality materials. Doing so will make you look after extra care and maintenance of the door handles.