A major nightmare for all home owners is that of having blocked drains in the house. Nothing brings up the anxiety levels of the owner of a house than the sight of a clogged bathroom or kitchen. The clogged drains are one of the worst situations for any person to be in. it is the most dreaded situation by most restaurant owners and hoteliers as well. However, since they have 24*7 support team to fix such problems they are not affected much by the clogging of drains. On the other hand, the working home owners who live alone and just come home to sleep or for changing their attire, discovering to know about the situation is a bothersome issue. In such situations they have no option but to wait for the plumber to come to their rescue. However, they should start with some basic damage control. Here are some of DIY methods of unclogging the blocked drains.
Chemicals available in the market
One of the easiest ways to unclog blocked drains is to make use of unclogging chemicals which are available in the market. The chemicals are very effective, and we should keep them in our houses in case an emergency breaks out. We already know that the drains can be clogged due to various reasons; therefore, these chemicals come in very handy as it helps in cleaning out whatever is there that is causing the drains to clog. Therefore, this is one of the most used remedies for unclogging the blocked drainage pipes.
Baking Soda with items
Another popular way of getting rid of blocked drains is the usage of baking soda for the purpose. We are familiar with the fact that sodium bicarbonate is an effective way in cleaning out grime and dirt; therefore, when we mix them with the right ingredient, we are bound to get astonishing results. Baking soda with Vinegar is the great science experiment and is also a reliable method of cleaning the clogged drain. You should pour down one part of baking soda and one part of vinegar simultaneously and let the bubbles produced the magic overnight; you should also pour down a healthy amount of warm water after the baking soda mixture has been poured. Baking soda with salt is also another great way of keeping your drains cleaned. We need to mix one part of baking soda with one part of salt to form the mixture. You should immediately follow it up with four parts of hot water and let it sit overnight to let the magic happen.
If you find yourself in the miserable situation of blocked drains, the first thing for you to do is to schedule your plumber to come to rescue. After you have done this, you should not waste time and lounge around. You should get going, and effectively boil water and then pour it down the drain before your plumber pays you a visit. This technique is guaranteed to relieve some of your tensions and also make your drains clear. However, this technique might be bit tricky as you have to ensure to pour down only hot water otherwise the cold water could harden up the grease and may further worsen the problem.
This item may not be the preferred method, but it effectively unclogs the drainage system. Carbon dioxide, when poured down the drain reacts with the dirt and releases some of it. Therefore, this is also one another way clearing out the blocked drains.
Above mentioned are some of the major remedies to fix blocked drains. Next time when you experience the related issue, you must not panic as you know now what has to be done.
The most common inconvenience which every house owner has to face is the blocked drains. It is not merely an inconvenience rather it is disgusting, odor producing and unhygienic issue faced by everyone. No sooner the drains get clogged, water starts accumulating in the sinks and overflow situation often occurs. The more you delay, the worst the situation would get. If you get it cleaned periodically, then such situations can be ignored. However, when the foreign objects drop accidentally or intentionally into the drains, it can be a big mess.
Few Causes of Blocked Drains and Their Solution
In the indoor plumbing, blocked drains are quite a common issue fixed by the experts. However, you can easily ignore it if while knowing prominent causes and its solution.
- Hair and Dirty Flakes: The most common reason due to which the drains of the bathroom get clogged is the hair and the dirty flakes that usually binds with the soap lather and slips into the drainage pipe. As this process is bit continuous, a huge lump of hair sticks to the walls of the pipe thereby reducing the flow of water quickly or as before. At a very first instance, one should add a cup of boiling water onto the drain. Don’t worry, the problem isn’t solved.
The hair has to be removed now. If the hair accumulation is less, one can get it out through gloved hands. However, other devices are also used which includes drain stopper which is a thin metallic wire-like structure.
- Grease and Oil Fats: Just like hair clogs the bathroom drainage, grease and oil fats block the kitchen sink pipes. The fatty substance is the major cause which blocks the pipes and sinks in the kitchen. Slowly and gradually a thick layer of fatty components and other food particles stick into it thereby restricting the flow of water.
The best way to get rid of it is by pouring steaming boiled water. Don’t try to wash the grease through the pipes. It is not only unhygienic and smelly but also quite difficult to remove. Prefer expertise cleaning if the issue persists after boiling water also.
- Toiletries: Blocked drains or toilets are obviously a nasty scene. This generally happens when people try to flush down those objects that generally do not dissolve in water. It includes feminine hygiene products, dental floss or the cotton tabbed swabs.
In order to clean the drains, the very first option is to use the plunger. The best plunger often shoots the jet of water to clear the pipe. Apart from this drain auger which is handy can be used for the height of up to 2 to 5 feet. Regular cleaning should be done to ensure smooth water flow.
- Poor Installation: Bad installation is also the common reason which leads to the pipe and drains breakage. Though DIY hacks can be easier yet it is recommended not to install your own pipes and drainage system when you know nothing about it.
The best way to get rid of blocked drains is to get the entire system installed by an expert. They would perfectly install it with an appropriate water flow system that would minimally avoid drain blockages.
- Heavy Rain and Storms: Drains are designed for the minimal flow of water and it often gets flooded and blocked drains can be seen especially at the time of rainy season. Make sure it is regularly cleaned so that lumps of leaves and other materials carried by the storm are duly cleaned.
Inspect appropriately and get the blocked drains cleaned as soon as possible either through DIY methods or by the expert drain cleaners.
Just imagine having an outdoor living comprising of verandas, pergolas, barbecues and pool areas with all of them being an important figure of focus in both party times and gatherings either friends or family. To have quality time while having entertaining outdoor facilities outdoor ziptrak blinds are used by the homeowners as a solution towards pure protection and privacy. It guards the house against the scorching heat of the sun while also protecting it from heavy winds and rain along with insects. Even you can also install such blinds to save your power consumption bill and these blinds can block the sun’s heat to keep your rooms cool during summer.
Why would you choose outdoor ziptrack blinds?
Outdoor Ziptrack Blinds
It has hidden interlocking parts and self-aligning side channels with each of them being customized for a perfect fit. It is ideal for both residential and commercial properties as its durable, strong and has various operation controls. While choosing the perfect match, you have the choice of material such as a variety of fabrics, tinted or clear PVC and you can also choose some powder coated outdoor blinds to reduce the maintenance cost. Just add aesthetic appeal to your home and increase the comfort level. In essence, the outdoor ziptrak blinds are the original outdoor blind system that is patented, the track is designed to let you glide smoothly and being able to stop at any given height.
- What are the features of outdoor ziptrack blinds? Height Adjustment: These ziptrak blinds are designed in such a way that they can be positioned stationary any desired height without any free falling. Even you can also choose some automatic blinds and control them with the remote control system.
- Locks into place: It has been integrated with locking mechanisms that allow the binds to be locked when completely down thereby providing a firm hold even in harsh weather conditions.
- Reduces your energy bills: Many of the blinds render to be ineffective as they don’t shade you in summer thereby not allowing the heat radiation inside during winter. But the ziptrak makes sure to provide shade and heat radiation.
- No Cranking required: They have rendered crank blinds which used to be difficult and extremely time-consuming in past but now you can easily install them without dismantling your construction.
- No Rattling in winds: The ziptrak blinds avoid any rattling of outer blinds. They have a patented grip designed tight to vertical tracks to remain stable even in strong gusty winds.
Retraction of outdoor ziptrak blinds:
Outdoor Ziptrack Blinds
These outdoor ziptrak blinds are fully retractable with a track guided system that allows the user to manually or with a motor be able to retract the blind at one’s blink. They are extremely popular as homeowners and restaurants are quick to adapt their living spaces in accordance with the weather at the moment. These blinds are not only preventing sun’s heat, but they can also provide you utmost security and privacy level.
More importantly during perfect and ideal conditions, when it is not being used for shade or as a protection from wind and rain, these ziptrak blinds can just be simply pushed outwards out of the way. It allows you to enjoy the external weather and view or just allows you to pass via space without the blind being there. It is an ultimate comfort for flexibility in nature and simultaneously providing protection whenever needed.
Outdoor ziptrack blinds are available in different shapes and designs. You can choose anyone according to your preferences and you can also search them online to choose the best quality blinds. Before buying these blinds, you must check their quality and warranty. Also, install them by experienced professionals only.