Balustrades have turned out to be a popular element in most of the houses today. When it comes to uplifting the décor of the house by adding something unique then balustrading can be the best option to consider. When we look at the history, Romans used this distinctive technique of architecture in their palaces, and now it is still popular as a modern approach. In earlier days, there were only few materials used for balustrade in houses. At present, right from steel to aluminium and even glass are used to make balustrades for homes and offices. They are not just easy to clean and maintain, but these balustrades also enhance the overall aesthetic value of your home.
Types of balustrades for homes
In this piece of write up, we shall check out different kinds of materials that can be used for the home balustrades. Have a look at some of them as follows:
- Wood balustrades: If your home is made up of all woods then having a wood balustrade would be a right choice. Wood brings a natural and homely feel in the living space. They have a warm nature which is best to consider if you are in a colder region. There is no high maintenance required for wood balustrades, just cleaning with a cloth and cleaner occasionally is enough.
- Stainless steel balustrade: It is the most common option chosen and suits all kinds of homes. It gives out a stylish look as well, and there is no need to worry about rusting. If you are looking for a simple yet posh look then steel balustrading would be a suitable option. There is no extra work related with steel, one need not bother about polishing, painting or even powder coating. The best part is that you can customize the design on your balustrades depending on the internal needs of your home.
- Glass balustrades: For the most elegant touch in a home, glass is a perfect option. You need not worry about the class, as a sturdy material is used which is safe to be fixed in homes. You can clean whenever you find stains on the surface with a cloth and a cleaning solution. Glass balustrades are available in framed, frameless and semi-frame versions. The semi-frame versions are just the perfect decorative option for corporate buildings.
- Stone balustrades: This is, of course, a rare version used in homes but the effect is simply amazing. Usually, the stone is used for fences or walls as boundaries, but if you have a bigger home then stone balustrading can look great. These are common in huge corporate places, shopping centres and even in resorts. So, if you are looking for an option that looks ultra ethnic then you need to go with stone balustrades.
- Aluminium balustrades: If you do not want to spend high but still want to have a good-looking balustrade, then go with the ones made of aluminium. Of course, there is very less maintenance required for it and it is best suitable in areas where there is high traffic.
What are the advantages of installing balustrades in your home?
If you have little children or aged parents at home, or if you do not want your pets to be drowned in the swimming pool, then you can very well install balustrades all around the swimming pool and the staircase. Balustrades give the required protection to the fleet of stairs, and they also create a support system so that people do not fall down suddenly.
So, the ultimate decision has to be taken by keeping in mind some factors such as the climate of the location, theme of interiors, benefits and limitations of the specific material, cost, and maintenance too.