When it comes to choosing evaporative cooling systems there’re two choices that people opt for, air conditioners or evaporative coolers. In fact, some people opt for evaporative coolers above air conditioners for the fact that they work better under certain circumstances. It meets all the needs of air conditioning at a far less price than air conditioners. Modern evaporative coolers cost less comparatively; they are energy efficient and are very effective when it comes to cooling.
How does it work?
The humid and dry climate is where these evaporative coolers work best. Once a highly efficient evaporative cooling unit is connected to the ductwork of home or office, the unit pulls in hot air from outside. This hot air is then passed through water-saturated pads, which cools down the hot air using water evaporation process and then it is distributed through the ductwork. The cool air is then released into the room pushing the hot air out of the room through open windows and doors, keeping the room cool. While normal air conditioners re-circulate the same air, evaporative coolers help to provide fresh air at home constantly while operating.
Benefits of choosing Evaporative Cooling systems
- It uses the fresh outdoor air and the filtering process takes care of the dust pollution
- It helps eliminate the smoke and odor emitted while cooking
- It can be installed on the ground, in the attic or even mounted on the wall making it user-friendly and flexible.
- Cooling system of evaporative coolers does not harm the ozone layer while functioning
- The evaporative cooling system offers low-cost installation and saves up to 75% more energy than your regular air conditioner.
- Makes less noise while functioning.
Installation and selection
The cubic feet per minute air it filters in the house, measure the ratings of the evaporative coolers. Models may range from 3000 to 25000 CFM and the capacity can be verified with the help of the manufacturers based on the climate and requirements of the client. The coolers can either down flow evaporative coolers or portable horizontal cooler unit based on the requirements of the individual. Small portable evaporative coolers on wheels are also available these days but they generally provide the slight cooling effect.
Following are some tips on selecting the correct evaporative cooler to install in home or office:
- Not every room in your home or office requires the same kind of evaporative cooling. Hence choose your air conditioner based on the cooling requirement, keeping the area of installation in mind.
- There are two major types of coolers such as centralized coolers and ducted coolers. The ducted coolers are best suited for larger homes and office spaces, which call for cooling multiple bigger rooms and halls. Whereas if you require cooling smaller spaces, you can use the ductless central coolers.
- Evaporative coolers come in portable small sizes as well. Choose this type of cooler if you want a hassle free uncomplicated installation as these can be placed easily at any desired place in a room. But these can cool small rooms only as portability reduces cooling capacity. These are best for moderate climates and not at all suitable for harsh summers.
- Horizontal evaporative cooling systems are better choices compared to down flow coolers as they do not leak easily. These coolers can be easily mounted on floors and hence are easier to use and install.
With these sensible tips, you can enjoy the many benefits of evaporative cooling and ensure that you can maximize cooling benefits for your home or office.