Traveling has been a major part of the lives of most of the families and travelers over the years. To make the expedition more personal and fulfilling, many people prefer traveling in their own vehicle to the nearby places. Caravans are one such medium which poses as a great option for people who do not find it comfortable in their car or simply do not own one. While frequent travelers can own a caravan, and make a onetime investment, occasional travelers can get one on rent as well. The multi-functional properties of this kind of vehicle make it a highly convenient option wherein people can travel in it and even spend the night inside it when off to a stranded place. While there are numerous advantages to owning a caravan, the concern arises when it comes to choosing a dealer for buying it.
Major Portals That Sell Caravans
There are a number of portals where one can get a caravan for themselves. While all these avenues claim to have perfect caravans for sale, there are a number of pros and cons attached to them that one can consider and select the most optimal choice one for themselves.
- Private Seller: One can approach a private seller for buying a cheap caravan. While such a seller would offer the low price on it, there may be a chance that it is not in an optimal condition, is used, or does not follow the legal considerations.
- Online: One can also buy a caravan from any of the online portals by specifying the model, make, size, and price of the required caravan. While it is a convenient option, such sites display products from independent sellers as well as dealers so one should make sure they approach a genuine seller.
- Local Dealer: The most optimal and recommended option is to buy from a local dealer if possible. The dealer would provide the required warranty and certification of the product and if the caravan fails to fit the legal requirements, the dealer is responsible for it. Another advantage is that in case of a damage, the customer can easily approach this local dealership for repair and wouldn’t need to travel far for servicing.
Things to Consider While Choosing Caravan Seller
While every dealer claims to provide quality caravans for sale, you should consider certain factors before buying from them.
- License: It is vital to ensure that you buy only from a dealer licensed to sell the caravan as it would ensure that the vehicle legally complies with the state’s road and safety laws including safety standards, guarantees, consumer law protections, engineering and design rules, warranties, and so on.
- Price: Ensure that the price quoted by the seller matches the features of the caravan offered. Features such as the storage capacity, solid engineering, optimal components and well-kept parts, off-road features, interior, and so on would determine the price of the caravans for sale. If you are selling a good amount on the vehicle, ensure that you are getting these features at good quality.
- Warranty: Warranty is another important factor to ensure before investing on a caravan. Make certain about the warranty system provided by the dealer and for how long is it applicable. A 12 month warranty is a preferred one. Also, ensure about the parts covered under the warranty and if the company or dealer would repair the damaged parts within the warranty period.
- Compliance: Since you are going to travel long distances in your caravan, mostly across states, ensure that it has the certificates to legally travel on the road. These compliance certificates differ from country to country and may depend on the vehicle’s size, weight, and parts such as tyres.
Ensure that you approach only a trustworthy dealer for the same.