A swimming pool is a special element of any home and one can say that it is the highlight of the landscaped yard. After all, what can be more beautiful that a crystal-clear swimming pool glittering in your backyard or a well-landscaped yard? However, a swimming pool without a fence can be an extreme safety hazard. Pool fencing is the only way to keep everyone in the home, especially kids and pets protected from accidents.
Pool Fence for beauty and safety
Adding fence is not just about beautification or enhancement of the aesthetic appeal of the place, rather, it is also a safety measure. Pool fencing is important as it adds on to the view of the pool, provides privacy and ensures safety. Designers focus on both the aesthetics as well as a safety element. The idea is to make the pool look better and blend into the surroundings. A skilled designer will assess the pool, the surroundings, and the lifestyle before providing some pool fencing ideas.
Safety Codes for Pool Fencing
If you are planning to have a swimming pool whether, on your residential space or commercial space, there are certain safety codes that one must adhere to. The Building Officials and Code Administrators specify certain safety measures for fencing a swimming pool, and it is not a good idea to skirt these codes. One must check out those pool fencing regulations carefully as there might be added local guidelines as well. If you are not sure about the same, make sure that you contact a professional swimming pool contractor who will help you with this. They have the license to make swimming pools while following the safety codes specified by the state.
Different ideas for Pool Fencing
Pool fencing should maintain outdoor beauty as well as improve safety. It is essential that the ideas should be flexible and adaptable to meet the various shapes and water features in different homes. The materials and fabrication of the pool fences should abide by the established safety standards. Here are some great ideas for fencing your pool.
- Perimeter fence: Perimeter fence is an ideal solution if the pool is in a separate section of the yard. The fence need not be very close to the pool, but it will stop children or pets from entering the pool area.
- Interior pool fence: The Interior pool fence borders the immediate area outside of the pool. It barricades the pool and creates a sharp demarcation of the pool area.
- A-to-B fence: A-to-B fences are perfect for linking the pre-existing structures the backyard to an enclosed fence around the pool.
- Removable pool fence: If you are looking for greater versatility, look for a removable swimming pool fence. One can pull down the pool fencing in a couple of minutes to free up more space and set it up again as and when required.
- Glass panel pool fencing: These are the modern looking pool fences made out of tempered glass, they are durable and doesn’t obstruct the outside view. However, these glass fences come at a higher price as compared to other options.
- Wood pool fences: If you are looking for some vintage-styled look or something that can add to the privacy of your poolside, then you must go ahead with wood pool fences. They are durable, last longer and are also very stylish. You can customize them as per your requirement.
The material of Pool Fencing
Irrespective of the type of fencing designs you opt, one of the factors that you must not compromise with is the material of the fence. It should be durable, long-lasting and easy to maintain. Some of the popular choices available in the market are :
- Wrought iron
- Vinyl and PVC
Look for leading manufacturers and authorized dealers if you desire the ideal solution for pool fencing. The right kind of fence not only looks great and adds safety to the pool area, but also increases the real estate value of your property. A good fencing company will help you in making the right decision and choosing the right kind of pool design.