The vehicles are vital necessities in the life of people, for carrying them and their belongings from one place to another. Nevertheless, like all other machineries, the engines of the cars also require frequent servicing for smooth operations. Many mechanical parts in a car commonly demand regular maintenance services. However, expert mechanics or automobile engineers should do these mechanical repairs of the automobiles to avoid any further problem in the car machineries and avert any kind of accident. These regular checkups of the cars can save the expense of large scale repairs, in case of major faults in the car engines.
Maintenance factors to check for mechanical repairs in cars
- The engine oil and the air filter should be inspected ideally after every 3 – 6 months or after the car is driven for at least 5000 – 6000 Km at a stretch. Certified auto technicians should do this oil change, who also check the transmission fluid level, coolant machinery, and even clean the entire fuel system of the car.
- Change the coolant fluid for availing the best service after a period of everyone year or travelling for maximum 60,000 Km distance.
- A professional auto mechanic should check the tire pressure before going for any long drive, to avoid any mishap on the way. Moreover, check the tires for any leakage or any kind of minor damage that may turn into a serious issue, after driving for a long distance.
- Change the automatic transmission fluid after approximately every 7 years time or after travelling for a maximum distance of 160,000 Km.
- Replace the spark plugs along with the changing of cabin filter, fuel filter, and oil filter, whenever required after a long use.
- Thoroughly check all the lights of the before going on a long drive, to repair or replace any headlamp, hazard lamp, or indicator light of the car.
- Likewise, for getting the car at its best condition, ensuring safety of its driver and other passengers check and service the conditions of the steering wheel and the clutches.
- Inspect the horn and the wipers of the car to be at their best conditions, to avoid any frustration of the driver later on.
Necessity of full servicing of the cars at regular intervals
The cars that spend more time on the roads need more frequent service checking by the auto technicians, who can repair all the minor issues in different auto parts, providing better longevity and smooth-running capacity to the cars. The complete servicing of each car is acknowledged by putting rubber stamp by the auto servicing centre on a service book that is maintained by each car owner. The periodical servicing of an old car helps in enhancing its resale value, which is proved by this service book.
The full servicing of a car costs much lesser than the prices of major mechanical repairs, in case of any accident due to the mechanical faults of the car. The servicing cost also varies from one location to another, as the urban life demands more frequent car servicing than the cars running in suburbs or rural areas. The size and the type of the vehicle is another factor in deciding the auto servicing cost, as the larger family vans or sports cars require higher servicing costs than the ordinary four-wheelers.
So, it is universally agreed that the periodical auto servicing ensures the safety of the car and its owner or the passengers. The ideal servicing period is generally mentioned on every manual of the car that is provided by its manufacturing company.