Installation of shade sails is no doubt an important task. The major benefit of shade sails is protection from UV rays. However, before you get into it, you should confirm with the local authorities regarding the regulations if any and also with the utility companies for an underground service since digging holes would be required for the support of the posts. It is very essential to consider the location which is most suitable for the installation of shade sails.
Things that you should consider are:
- The size of the sails
- The direction of sun
- Ability for the insertion of posts that can be fixed suitably
- Direction and speed of wind
Points to be Kept in Mind while Installing Shade Sails:
- Discovering the Mounting Points: After determining the location of shade sails, one must need to find out the mounting points. You may find that some of such fixing points exist already. These include fence post, large tree, pergola or a fascia. But if such fixing points are not there then you have to install posts. You should ideally allow a space on every side of the sail between the mounting point and the sail’s corner which would ideally be around 10% of the length of the sail. If this measurement is maintained then there can be enough space for material stretch, mounting of hardware and sail tensioning. On each side this has to be done so that it can be ensured that there is ample space for sail tension. If you feel like, you could obtain expert advice from an engineer or a builder.
- Have a Cross Check with the Local AuthoritiesBefore you carry on the installation of shade sails, you need to cross check with the local authorities about building regulations.
- Fetch Accessories from Hardware Shop
One would get ample help from a huge array of fixing accessories for securing your shade sails. You could get such accessories easily from a hardware supplier. Such accessories include sire, thick and strong rope and chain for extending the corner of your shade sail to a point of fixing.
- Fascia Support for StrengthIf you are interested to fix your shade sails to a fascia, then it is strongly recommended that you acquire the use of fascia support. This fascia support is used for connecting and gaining greater strength. If your shade sails are bigger than 150 sq ft, you have to ensure that the rafters are laden with not just nails but screws.
- Determining the Length and Height of Shade SailsThere may be the requirement for additional posts. In such a case, you should take assistance from a local timber supplier. The length of the posts must be calculated as per the proposed height of your shade sails adding it with the depth of your footings.
- Installation Should be Tight and SecureAt the time of installation, you should connect the fixing accessories to mounting points and make sure that all the connections are facing towards the mid area of the sail in a tight and secure manner. You have to cross check that all the mounting points are safe and solid. After laying your sail out, you have to begin installation.When your shade sails are designed in a manner that they can offer safeguarding against UV rays and comfort, you have to ensure that all the fixing points are perfect and that the fittings are tight and secure.
- Checking the Points PeriodicallyYou have to carry on inspection on a regular basis. Installation of shade sails should remain incomplete without care and maintenance. These need to be maintained so that they can perform well. Cleaning with a solution of mild detergent and water and applying the same with a sponge can keep the sails in good condition.
Read this above mentioned point of installing shade sails. And give your home look perfect. go online to know more useful information.